FAQs – SACT-10
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Will I need to purchase any additional books or materials?
- No! All materials are included; however, your child should have a graphing calculator.
- Can my student pivot between live and virtual sessions?
- While we prefer that students register for and stick to a section, if there are extenuating circumstances (testing positive for COVID or illness), we will be able to accommodate.
- How many students are in a class?
- In our Chappaqua and New York locations, class size minimum is 6; maximum class size of 9. Students must wear masks to our live sessions.
- For our virtual setting, class size minimum is 6, maximum is 16.
- What will the workload be like?
- Light: we want your student to gain exposure to the test in a low-stress environment. Homework will take no more than two hours per month, about 1/2 hour per week.
- My child is currently in Geometry. Is the Math program appropriate?
- Yes! We are going to cover strategies for the exam and will go over a few concepts that are not taught in most Geometry or Algebra 2 classes. If your child is in a two-year Algebra 1 program, the math component of this course may be challenging.
- My child is in 9th Can s/he take this course?
- We strongly suggest that students take this course in 10th grade, not before. Therefore, we are only allowing current sophomores to take this course.